Conductive Shielding Solutions for a Low Observable Strategic Advantage
Noble Biomaterials provides superior conductive fabric solutions for warfighter uniforms, equipment, aircraft, ships, submarines, vehicles, missiles, and satellites that need to be less visible to radar, infrared, sonar and other detection methods. Low observable technology materials made by Noble Biomaterials are used by leaders in military and aerospace, including US and Allied Special Forces, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Boeing, and NASA.
Overview of Conductive Textile Solutions
EMI, RFI, and IR spectrum concealment fabrics and soft surface materials from Noble Biomaterials are effective solutions for lightweight, flexible, and portable multi-spectral shielding applications where failure is not an option. These fabrics and materials are effective in the visible light, infrared, and radar portions of the EM spectrum.
- EMI shielding for tents and shelters
- High-altitude electronic shielding
- Antenna systems
- High-temp shielding for surface to air missiles
- RFI gaskets
- Tow targets
- Cable shielding
- Missile transportation shielding bags
- Data protection bags and pouches
- Self-stick wallpapers and tapes
- Multi-spectral fabric for uniforms to hide IR signature
Customization Options Are Virtually Unlimited
Noble acts as an end-to-end partner by integrating its technology materials and providing development consulting, ideation, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance tailored to your application. Noble customizes specifications to deliver pliability, tenacity, elongation, and strength per the customer.
Fabric Metallization Technology
Noble Biomaterials uses proprietary technology to permanently bond pure silver to the surface of a polymer substrate, including yarn, fiber, fabric, tape, and foam. These materials can be blended with natural or man-made fibers for superior design flexibility. Special formulations can protect against galvanic reactions and oxidization. The result is a highly conductive, durable, lightweight, flexible, washable material with 360-degree permanent encapsulation coating. Noble Biomaterials provides industry-leading performance, quality control, and durability.
EMI and RFI Signal Blocking Technology
Noble Biomaterials offers fabric, filament, and fiber solutions for lightweight, flexible, and durable shielding to protect data transmission networks and electronics from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference or interception. It is effective in the visible light, infrared, and radar portions of the EM spectrum. Shielding performance can be customized to meet customer requirements by use of different fabric constructions and coatings.
Noble’s materials are easy to integrate, can be processed on standard textile manufacturing equipment, perform to exacting specifications, and can be utilized in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications.
- Vehicle and HVAC control systems
- Medical equipment
- Infrastructure, power, and communications
- Radio frequency interference for electronics such as displays, computers, cell phones, tablets, GPS devices, drones, etc.
- Electromagnetic interference shielding for cable assemblies
Noble Biomaterials Shielding Provides Unmatched Consistency and Performance In:
- Shielding effectiveness across a broad range of frequencies (30-90+ dB reductions)
- Surface resistivity from 109 to 5-3 Ω/
- Static dissipation between 1.05 to 1.09 Ω/
- Z-axis electrical and thermal conductivity
- Durability and flexibility
Noble Biomaterials provides flexible shielding protection from 30 MHz through 30 GHz range of the electromagnetic spectrum and attenuation values between 30 dB (99.9%) up to 90 dB (99.9999999%).