X-STATIC will be hosting an interactive educational symposium at the 40th Annual APIC conference held in Fort Lauderdale, FL, from June 8-10, 2013. The symposium, titled “Soft Surface Bacterial Management: The Other High Touch Surfaces,” will be held from 6-7:30am on June 8 in room 304/305.

Infection Preventionist, Peggy Prinz Luebbert, will lead our discussion on bacterial contamination of soft surface fabrics and immediate action steps toward incorporating these in a more complete HAI prevention protocol. Only 10% of surfaces with direct patient contact are protected from HAI-causing bacteria, the remaining 90 percent is made up of soft surface fabrics that are not properly addressed by today’s guidelines. Attendees will learn:

  • What the clinical evidence says about soft surface bacterial contamination
  • Gaps in current practice and limited guidelines
  • How to conduct a risk assessment for soft surface fabrics
  • Tips for incorporating soft surfaces into an IP bundle

If you haven’t already, make sure to pre-register for the symposium by clicking here.  Complimentary breakfast and mimosas will be served and it’s sure to be a great start to the show!

X-STATIC® will also be exhibiting at booth 415. Stop by to see and feel products powered by X-STATIC® in a simulated hospital environment. See you there!

For a list of our partners and where to find products powered by X-STATIC, please visit http://www.infectionpreventiontextiles.com/FeaturedPartners.php. Like” X-STATIC® on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @XStaticFiber.